Sunday, August 19, 2007

Super Read!

I am sure that many of my classmates feel the same as I do about one of the tutorials, A Future Fiction, written by David F. Warlick. Don't we all hope that this is in the near future and we will be able to experience it? I found myself drawn to the fiction story he so vividly told. This story supports the fact that when teachers are facilitators and students use a variety of technological devices, that the student's are able to display their creativity and porblem solving skills. That concept is hard to grasp by many veteran teachers, however, as new educators are trained technology will be ever present and the possibility of having a classroom such as Mr. Warlick describes is a definite possibility. I also noticed that all students were involved in the group project and that even those labeled as the slow learners did very well on the project. I have witnessed in my class that technology use does promote student learning and improve attendance. I couldn't help but wish that I would someday play out the scenario described in the story in my own classroom. There's still hope!

2 comments:

jobee13 said...

I read this article as well and was drawn to the picture he painted of the "future" classroom. As we have seen in the growth of the technology world, the future is closer than we think!

Mary C Barkley said...

Amazing future. I can't wait, and hope to be part of making it happen. I loved the investment of the students in their learning. Sounds like a dream.